Friday, January 27, 2012

Coolant Level Low in 97 Saturn?

Ok so my Coolant temperature is low and I have been getting an occasional light flashing on my dash telling me that it is low (usually when i first start the car). My question is what kind of antifreeze do i use to fill it up to the proper levels. My Car is a 97' Saturn SL2, my manual says to use Dex Cool which is an orange color i believe it said. However I looked online and saw tons of recent consumer complaints about them having problems with Dex Cool. So what product would you recommend for my car. Thanks.|||Real simple here Cory. have the cooling system flushed and replaced with green (ethylene glycol ) antifreeze. the dexcool is garbage ... so dont use it, if you do as I advise you will be OK|||Preston GREEN is best its universal|||Call your local GM dealer ask for parts and then ask what antifreeze they are recommending to replace the Dex Cool|||It could be a temperature sensor problem. Dex cool is what should be used in your GM car. Do not mix it with the green coolant. It is also possible that your thermostat is stuck in the full open position, not allowing the engine to heat up to it's full operating temperature. If you are saying that your coolant level is going down and you do not have any leaks that you can see on the ground, you may have the beginning of a head gasket problem. A good stop leak additive can stop a small gasket leak if used early, but you may eventually have to replace the gasket if it does not stop loosing antifreeze.|||the Dex Cool so post to be better but i think is not i alway put the green one on all my cars|||you can put green in it...i mean dont mix it, just replace it with green. it wont hurt it. if its just low just add some water and check the antifreeze for winter/

No comments:

Post a Comment