Friday, January 27, 2012

Question about Harry in the show Dexter?

I just recently started watching this show online. Im only on episode six so far but I really like it. The only thing that I think is kinda weird (I mean besides the fact that Dex is a serial killer lol) is that his dad, Harry seems to understand and be so okay with the fact that he needs to kill things. I mean if my kid was like hey mom I have the urge to kill animals and people :), I might panic a little and maybe take my kid to oh I dont know, a therapist. But he seems so understanding! Why is that? Does anyone know? Its just kinda odd.





Other then that I think its a very addicting show its like I cant stop watching it!|||Dexter saw his mom brutally murdered and Harry rescued him. Harry knows he's messed up by what he saw so he's pretty patient with him. He just wants to give Dexter a chance in the world. You'll understand more when you see more episodes. fyi - Harry was Ajax in the Warriors (great movie).|||When Harry learned that Dexter was displaying serial killer tendencies he knew he had to handle the problem in a proactive manner. Trying to suppress Dexter's urge to kill would only exacerbate the problem. Harry was a cop and he understood that the criminal justice system was flawed (i.e. guilty people sometimes beat the system). It was Harry's goal to turn Dexter's pathological urges into something that could benefit society, all the while providing Dexter with a sense that his actions were not completely deviant. Harry taught his adopted son Dexter a code, which was basically a set of guidelines on who should be killed (only other killers) and how to conduct himself in such a way as to not get caught.

No comments:

Post a Comment